Wednesday 29 October 2008

Facebook .. and privacy

The fact that Facebook is the antithesis of PRIVACY is well known, as the purpose is to share the personal information, like pictures, profiles, and what else with own "friends".
Then, it is also true that you can decide what to share and who to share with.

I 'm proud and sorry to say that I found that it is FALSE! In fact, it is possible to view any picture you have uploaded even if the user is not a Facebook's subscriber.

I 'm in doubt if it is a good idea to explain to you all, but you 'll find how if you are interested ;).

That's why I think Facebook is the worst product I 've ever seen in terms of user experience and implementation!!! Then its use and target is debatable.

Ross

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teacher, explain please.

Rossy said...

Unfortunately it is in italian... http://attivissimo.blogspot.com/2008/10/bono-inciampa-in-facebook.html
But it is just an example!

Ross :)